Custom Fabrication & Integration of Water Treatment Equipment
ESD’s extensive water treatment design expertise, coupled with its diverse fabrication and manufacturing capabilities, allows the company to design, build and integrate large and complex water treatment projects. Pictured to the left is a project for the oil and gas industry that was completed by ESD, an engineering & technology company, and two other specialized high-tech manufacturing companies. This system successfully treats more than 500 gallons per minute of contaminated water.
At ESD Waste2Water, we are incredibly conscious of the social and environmental aspects of our work as well. Water conservation and energy efficiency are more important now than ever. Our products help to maximize both, so our clients can feel good about their ecological impact when they use our equipment systems.
Water Treatment Solutions
ESD Waste2Water offers a variety of water treatment solutions to meet the needs of different types of wastewater and remediation scenarios.
Site Remediation and Dewatering
ESD Waste2Water is particularly invested in site remediation of both groundwater and soil. We specialize in this area and have the technology to clean up liquid residuals to make old sites clean, safe and suitable for redevelopment.
We can also offer customized equipment systems for chemical solvents and other complex industrial wastes. We tailor our solutions to a variety of industries, including agriculture, construction, mining, recycling, garbage disposal and many others.
We engineer, fabricate and service all of our equipment and products ourselves, and we offer them for rent as well. Of particular interest may be our turnkey systems, which we can custom-mount to fully enclosed or open trailers for the best in convenience and portability. We can mount our systems to aluminum skid steers as well, and we can design and construct custom enclosures or custom buildings for more complex systems.
The products we offer for site remediation and dewatering are designed for a variety of different treatment methods.
E2D Wastewater has extensive experience using air treatment processes to decontaminate soil and groundwater. We can customize our equipment to meet any type of contamination level or airflow stream, so you’ll always get the solution that’s right for your location:
- Air and Water Separation Systems: Our air and water separation systems are suitable for use with both soil vapor extraction and dual-phase extraction systems. We fabricate them from marine-grade aluminum, so they are corrosion-resistant both inside and out, no matter what chemicals or environmental conditions they operate in. Unlike carbon or steel constructions, they are not susceptible to oxidation. We can custom-design these systems to include a vast range of features, including particulate filtration, pump-out systems, level gauging and baffling.
- Low-Profile Air Strippers: Our low-profile air strippers are pieces of performance-driven, user-friendly equipment with removable trays. Water flows across aeration trays, where the aeration process leads to safe evaporation of volatile organic compounds. One person can easily access the trays from the side of the machine without help from other employees or specialized equipment. These low-profile air strippers are designed to perform in the toughest of air decontamination projects, and they feature customizable upgrade options for use with the most challenging of contaminated air. They also feature a rugged, explosion-proof blower motor.
- Vapor-Phase Carbon Vessels: Our vapor-phase carbon vessels are designed to handle a surplus of contaminated air. Because of air-quality regulations, companies often face firm limits on their discharge of air containing volatile compounds. Vapor phase carbon vessels offer a solution to this issue. They can combine with air strippers, dual-phase extraction systems or soil vapor extraction systems to help comply with regulations and keep contaminants out of the environment.
Our specialized remediation pumping systems offer custom solutions for environmental remediation scenarios that call for pumping:
In particular, our dewatering aeration systems use a combination of pumping and biological treatment for the safe removal of contaminated water from locations such as construction sites, excavation sites or any other area requiring water remediation. These portable systems are typically used in on-site applications where wastewater treatment facilities require a temporary additional service for integration with their current systems. But our trailer-mounted dewatering aeration systems can be used over the long term as well.
Vacuum extraction helps our clients remove water, air and chemical residue from wells. Our vacuum-extraction systems are user-friendly and customizable, so we have something to meet every need:
- Soil Vapor Extraction Systems: Our soil vapor extraction systems make use of a blower or vacuum pump for moisture separation. They use subsurface depressurization systems to extract organic vapors from the area around a building via a small vacuum placed under the foundation. This design helps minimize the potential for harmful vapors to seep into the environment where people are present. Our systems are designed to be extremely low-maintenance and to operate quietly because they are often used in human-occupied areas. Small solar-powered systems are also available for advanced eco-friendly operation.
- Air Sparging Systems: Air sparging is a process used to treat soil and groundwater that has become contaminated with volatile organic compounds, or VOCs. The process takes place on-site through the injection of pressurized air into the contaminated area through a well. The pressurized air dissolves the hydrocarbons to decontaminate the area safely. The vaporized air can then be sucked out of the area for treatment using vacuum processes. Our air sparging systems are safe and effective because they use no harmful chemicals during the treatment process. The fully contained equipment also keeps the gases from seeping into the environment.
Oil and Water Separation
When you need a water treatment system to separate oil and water, ESD Waste2Water has you covered. Our oil and water separators are portable and efficient and offer the latest technology to help you get the job done with ease.
Our enhanced oil and water separation systems are designed to cleanse water of both free and immersed non-emulsified oil and oleaginous solids. They make use of the physical properties of oil and water, relying on their different specific gravities to aid in separation. Our systems are rugged and durable for use in tough applications like vehicle washing, equipment washing, groundwater treatment, bulk petroleum storage, vehicle and aircraft fueling and contaminated site remediation. As with many of our systems, they are also fully portable, so they are both convenient to use and easy to integrate into preexisting systems.
ESD Waste2Water can help industrial wastewater facilities conform to federal and local ordinances while keeping costs low and maximizing efficiency. Our space-saving, enclosed units are easy to use, and they maximize the use and reuse of water for greater energy efficiency and lower environmental impact.
Many of our lines of equipment are suitable for industrial wastewater use. Our dewatering aeration systems, oil and water separation systems and many more are rugged and dependable enough to handle the high volumes and concentrations of industrial wastewater.
Additionally, our multiphase or dual-phase recovery systems include many interconnected features, including a vacuum blower or pump, a motor, a multilevel moisture separator, a centrifugal or progressive cavity transfer pump and more. These systems are ideal for use in complex operations like those of major oil companies. They combine elements of pumping, vacuum extraction and oil and water separation to cover a wide variety of applications.
Domestic Wastewater and Sewage
Our domestic wastewater and sewage equipment helps provide for sustainable water solutions in the wastewater treatment industry. When you’re dealing with domestic wastewater needs, space and low costs are often high priorities. Flexibility is often a top priority as well because even a slight change in a small population can have significant effects. We design our domestic wastewater and sewage solutions with these considerations in mind, so domestic locations like residential developments can tailor their wastewater equipment to their requirements.
Our portable, trailer-mounted equipment is ideal for local applications like resorts and housing developments. Our products are also suitable for temporary work camps, such as those found in the oil and gas industry.
Types of Custom Equipment We’ve Fabricated
ESD Waste2Water has fabricated an enormous array of custom equipment for industries around the globe. Our design and fabrication processes take a rigorous and innovative approach to make sure all our customers receive the quality, long-lasting equipment that best suits their needs. And we design all our machines with performance, efficiency and cost-effectiveness in mind.
We have fabricated the following pieces of equipment for clients around the world:
- Cooling towers
- Aeration systems
- Reverse osmosis systems
- Nitrate treatment systems
- Filtration systems
- Process wastewater systems
Additionally, our custom equipment enclosures are second to none when you need a system specifically tailored to your needs. We use these constructions to mount and enclose our systems, and their durable construction makes them an excellent choice for the long-term housing and protection of your equipment. Our custom equipment enclosures contain forklift slots or lifting points, so they’re simple to install.
Industries We Serve
Creating innovative water solutions across a variety of industries is a passion of ours. In every industry, the efficient and environmentally friendly use of water is becoming a more urgent priority. ESD Waste2Water is committed to helping companies meet their water use goals.
Our experienced teams serve a diverse selection of industries with products, equipment and comprehensive, personalized support for custom wastewater treatment and remediation systems. These are just a few of the many industries we serve around the globe.
Oil and Gas
The oil and gas industry faces unique challenges when it comes to wastewater. Our oil and water separation systems are specifically designed for use in this environment. The stainless steel construction, marine-grade aluminum and custom control panel of these systems makes them durable enough for high-level oil and gas industry use.
Nuclear Power Plants
ESD Waste2Water has fabricated equipment to help remove the foam created from the high levels of nitrogen in the water at a nuclear power plant. Our custom-designed machinery is engineered to separate this foam from the water safely and efficiently, returning the water to a recyclable state and preventing nitrogen contamination of the soil and groundwater.
Heavy-duty mining equipment quickly becomes dirty, and without regular cleaning and maintenance, the accumulation of dirt, residue and chemicals can adversely affect the lifespan of the machines. ESD Waste2Water’s self-contained closed-loop wash racks help keep machinery clean while confining the contaminants in the runoff so that they don’t infiltrate the soil and groundwater. Additionally, equipment such as our heavy-duty custom-designed dual-phase recovery systems can handle the demands of an industrial mining operation.
Pulp and Paper Facilities
Pulp and paper wastewater typically contains a high concentration of bleach, chemical solvents and other contaminants that would be harmful to release into the surrounding environment. ESD Waste2Water’s custom-designed solutions can separate these harmful contaminants and allow for water recycling while keeping the surrounding environment free from pollution.
Our Design & Fabrication Process
ESD Waste2Water’s design and fabrication processes have been carefully engineered to produce the best quality equipment and solutions for any wastewater treatment application.
During design and engineering, our engineers work with your team to design equipment that meets your facility’s needs. Our professional and talented CAD technicians design every component, item and system using CAD software to create the custom drawings you will need. Our detailed CAD renderings include features such as electrical and plumbing specifications, water treatment requirements, water recycling equipment design, wash area sump specifications and more.
We select your system’s components with optimal configuration and system design in mind. During process design, our team of professional engineers determines the remediation components and system configuration that will best accomplish your goals.
Our customers always have a say in their systems’ designs. We can help you choose what components form part of your system for optimal benefits. We always keep low maintenance, convenient operation and low life cycle costs in mind during the process.
During the fabrication process, we will help with both engineering and manufacturing. Our manufacturing team undertakes an extensive review of the design team’s work and drawings to be sure everything is manufactured to precisely calibrated specifications.
We have extensive experience with design and fabrication of components such as control panels, electrical systems, piping systems, framing and structure and more. Our machinists and welders are some of the best in the business, and we have the capability to hand-weld custom subassemblies to ensure the highest quality and durability. Their workmanship will last for years and enhance the performance of your system for its lifespan.
Setup and Installation Process
When your customized equipment is ready for installation, our team will do the work. We will arrive at your site to lay out plans and set up the necessary stations, all at no extra charge. Our crews will construct your system on site to fit your specific requirements. Our installation technicians are also happy to work with local contractors if you prefer.
Talk With an ESD Waste2Water Representative Today
At ESD Waste2Water, our approachable staff members pride themselves on giving customers the help and support necessary to work through their wastewater treatment equipment needs. Our teams are helpful and professional, and we want to set you up with a system you can depend on for years. We offer free on-site evaluations so that you can get an idea of what we offer before you commit.
Talk with one of our friendly, knowledgeable representatives to get started on a customized wastewater treatment or remediation plan. Contact us today.